Friday, February 21, 2020

Week 6 Prompt

I would do a Summer Camp theme display for our summer reading program. Ideally, I would do a different “Camp” for each genre but as we are focusing on only one genre, I will limit my focus to Horror. One of the displays I would do would be “Camp Crystal Lake” and fill the display with horror books and movies. This takes Horror out of its niche at Halloween and gives it more limelight. I would bring up Steven King titles in books and pair them with the movies, I would pull book and movie adaptations of each other and other general horror movies and books. I would make sure to include titles friendly for each age group, such as Goosebumps for the younger children. We could even do ghost books, a similar take on the blind date with a book but choose horror books instead. Do light descriptions and key notes about the book that may be a turnoff for some. But you don’t know what you are reading until you open the paper.

2 comments:

  1. I like the camp theme idea for a book display! If it was a 360 display you could even do it slices- horror/ghost stories around the campfire- survival/and how to for day time camp activities- cooking themed ones and of course cookbooks for over the campfire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many awesome things you could do with this! I love it! What a unique idea and great way to promote many sub-genres. Full points!

    ReplyDelete