Saturday, April 7, 2018

School!

So for my Library Sciences class I was asked to write a couple blog posts. This first one is comparing two social media sites. I'm going to look at Tumblr and Facebook. These are the 2 social media sites that I have the most experience with. These I both see as having benefits to the library professional. I am wanting to work in a public library upon graduation so I am looking at these in how they can work in that scenario. Tumblr is a great micro-blogging site that provides a great place for longer posts, such as media reviews. It also provides a great place start a conversation on the posted topic. Facebook is a great place to organize events and get to more people. It is a larger and has a wider audience.  For example below is a link to an event at IUPUI's university libarary event "Next Generation Researcher Resource Fair"

IUPUI University Library Next Gen Researchers

No comments:

Post a Comment